Spark to Be Sold in Canada - Not as a Fleet Car Only?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, saw that earlier today.

Considering how small Leaf sales are in Canada (IIRC), I'm not sure I'd expect Spark EV sales there to exactly catch the world on fire either.

As suspected, it appears this was misinformation.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1088220_green-car-reports-best-car-to-buy-nominee-2014-chevrolet-spark-ev#comment-1112702365

CopperRoad said:

I mentioned this over at the sister site, but it certainly bears repeating here:

Just as an update, one of our writers (Surdas Mohit) wrote this piece, after getting the information from AVEQ (which loosely translates to the EV Association of Quebec). Before then there was no public mention of the price or that it would be available publically.

Unfortunately the organization got some facts wrong. Price is right, public availability is not.

I talked with George Saratlic, who is Product Communications Manager at GM Canada and he told us that source had reported that info inaccurately and he was in touch with them to chage their faq. Here is Mr. Saratilc's official statement on the Spark EV in Canada (as at Nov. 7th, 2013) to us

“The 2014 Spark EV is available in Canada ONLY as a Fleet vehicle. There are no current plans for retail customer sales.”

...so not so much for Canadians still

Back