WOW, 2015 Higher price tag !

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

SO I was looking around CA dealers for the EV.
Looks like the price tag on the 2015 new went up a bunch.
$29k for the 2LT ??!!

Anyone order/buy one of the 2LT Salsa or Lime colors yet.
I didn't see any on the lots in CA web pages.

hmmm, guess they didn't learn from the Nissan that just lowered their price and you can buy anywhere.

Wondering what the VW E-Golf will start at.

The 2014 base 2LT is MSRP $27,650. Add several hundred more (I forget how much) if you want the quick charging. $29,000 isn't that much more, particularly if the one you were looking at had the quick charge port.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers, or why you're being so dramatic (WOW!). To be clear, here are MSRP comparisons (which INCLUDE the destination charges):

1LT - $27,495
2LT - $27,820

1LT - $27,645
2LT - $28,035

Destination charge went up from $810 (2014) to $825 (2015). That means the price of the car went up $200 for the 2LT and $135 for the 1LT. Considering the 2015 has lost 80 pounds in battery weight, has 4G LTE connectivity, has silver interior trim instead of blue, and has some additional color options, that seems like a small price to pay.

As an owner, I know I'd GLADLY pay $200 now just to trade my blue interior trim for silver! Seems to me you're just looking for another reason to convince yourself why you shouldn't by the car you've been saying you would buy for a year or so. $200 isn't going to make or break this deal for anybody, I suspect, and if it was I bet a dealer would gladly make a $200 concession to make a deal. ;)

Bryce

That is not what I am seeing on some CA dealers web sites for their MSRP for the 2015, and the 2014's they still have seem to have the 2015 pricing with the 2015 destination charge too.

Also, all of the ones I have seen online have the Blue interior still. I wonder if they are all the 1st roll out of the 2015 (without the new interior color and No 4G).

Nashco said:
Not sure where you're getting your numbers, or why you're being so dramatic (WOW!). To be clear, here are MSRP comparisons (which INCLUDE the destination charges):

1LT - $27,495
2LT - $27,820

1LT - $27,645
2LT - $28,035

Destination charge went up from $810 (2014) to $825 (2015). That means the price of the car went up $200 for the 2LT and $135 for the 1LT. Considering the 2015 has lost 80 pounds in battery weight, has 4G LTE connectivity, has silver interior trim instead of blue, and has some additional color options, that seems like a small price to pay.

As an owner, I know I'd GLADLY pay $200 now just to trade my blue interior trim for silver! Seems to me you're just looking for another reason to convince yourself why you shouldn't by the car you've been saying you would buy for a year or so. $200 isn't going to make or break this deal for anybody, I suspect, and if it was I bet a dealer would gladly make a $200 concession to make a deal. ;)

Bryce

tigger19687 said:
That is not what I am seeing on some CA dealers web sites...

I think you misunderstand what MSRP stands for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggested_retail_price#Automobiles

http://www.chevrolet.com/spark-ev-electric-vehicle/build-your-own.html

Bryce

Back