MyLink problem

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neon

Hello,
I have a 2016 spark ev with 1500 miles. Recently when I started the car fully charged the MyTouch screen was displaying only "MyTouch" but otherwise not displaying or responding to any inputs. I drove the car, turned it off a minute, drove it again, turned it off. No change. Then I disconnected the 12v battery at the negative terminal for 20 minutes with the car not plugged in. When I reconnected it the MyTouch screen was completely blank. It stayed that way for a day or two, then after an overnight charge it came back to life as normal. I made an appointment at the dealer to get it checked out. I go in a couple days.
Today the volume controls stopped working, on the unit and the steering wheel, for about 10 minutes.

Any ideas or advice?

This is my first Chevrolet, and I really like it, but....

Thanks!

Woe, That's more than a glitch. A reboot or a hard reboot like you did with the 12 V battery usually resets everything.

Good Luck at the dealership.
Hope they find a 'hard' fix, like replacing hardware or a SW update, and not a "rebooted. Works normally now." report.

Just picked it up at the dealer. Here's what they wrote:

"Attempt to duplicate customers concern to no avail. Check codes. None in any system. Check for bulletins & PI's. Found 16-NA-107 possibly pertaining. check software levels for both usb & sps. found both up to date. does not pertain. Unable too duplicate customers concern @ this time."

The service guy told me if it happens again take a video and show it to them.

Not sure what to make of this response. Found this online at repairprocedures.com, which seems like it might be the problem:
"#16-NA-107 - DTC U0184 Set, Radio Inoperative, Blue Screen, AM Clipping Noise, HD On/Off Status Not Retained in Stations, Time Lag on Transitions, No Audio with Internal Amp, Park Assist Symbol Position Wrong in Rear View Camera - (May 13, 2016)" I think it pertains to 2015 Spark, not 2016.

Any ideas anybody?
And what are "usb & sps"?

Good luck catching the glitch next time on video, and thanks for posting your results!
What else can you do with 'intermittent' glitches?

But how about this!!!! :!: :!:
Neon said:
.... Found this online ...., Park Assist Symbol Position Wrong in Rear View Camera - (May 13, 2016)" I think it pertains to 2015 Spark, not 2016.

I knew about high level Sparks in other countries can have a Back Up Camera,, but they have 'Park Assist' too ?!?
Yep, this doesn't pertain to our Spark EV's.

Too bad the USA destined Spark EV had to be made with the lowest level of features.... :(

NORTON said:
Too bad the USA destined Spark EV had to be made with the lowest level of features
I don't think that's true. While Korean models seem to have lot more features like better side mirrors and rear view camera, they are also priced lot higher (over $34K USD). I think Canada and Mexico models are similar if not the same as US models, yet they are priced ~$24K USD as opposed to $26K USD in US. I guess that's something to gripe about, why is SparkEV more expensive in US than other North American countries.

Fortunately, some dealers offer them on sale for as low as $18K before subsidy ($11K after)!

My MyTouch screen went blank again today for a bit. Have a call into the dealer which hasn't been returned in 5 hours. Managed to take a video this time so we'll see what they do. I feel a fight coming and am wondering if I shouldn't have payed a few $K more for the Leaf.
Heresy here, I know but really. At least I can have them look at the dash rattle while I'm there....

They will replace the head unit next week. The service advisor's paperwork said they were able to duplicate the problem, which is very odd since they did not take the dash apart and it only happened twice to me. My guess is the video I took convinced them that is was a problem and according to the service advisor problems with Chevy head units is a common problem.
They did not duplicate the vent rattle! The advisor promised to let me demonstrate when I take it back in for the head replacement and it was rattling on the way home. 1/2 is better than 0/2, eh?
Cheers

Took it in today and they replaced the audio screen. They could not duplicate the noise in the vent again but ordered a replacement and will install it.
Hopefully a good ending. I'm not happy that I had the problem of course, but customer service has been good.
Fingers crossed for the future :)

Back