12V Battery Died Because Rear Wiper Couldn't Complete Cycle?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirschmj

Sort of grasping at straws here. Went to drive my Spark home last night and the 12V battery was dead. Started just fine today with a jump, but nothing inside was on. The only thing I can think of is there's a bike rack on the back that stops the rear wiper from completing it sweep and it got stuck half way. I didn't turn it on, but when I went to reverse with the front wipers on the rear wiper came on automatically (clever, but that needs to not happen with that bike rack on) and got stuck. Maybe the little wiper motor kept trying to finish sweeping the rear window until it drained the battery?

Possibility 2 is some homeless person got inside to get out of the rain and turned something on. It smelled off inside when I got into it. And I must have left it unlocked. But nothing was turned on when I got back in, so I don't even know that that makes any sense at all.

Dome light was off, headlights were still set to Auto, nothing inside was on when I turned it on that I could see.

Again, grasping at straws, so maybe the wiper drained the battery.

Lead Acid batteries can die a sudden death.

How has it been acting since then?

Don't be surprised if it lets you down again.....

Back