2014 sparke collector car?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evboy said:
there r way too many teslas i would think to be a collectible. 2014 spark ev less than 2k. the plymouth prowler which i love was over 11k production and i never see any on the road. our 2014 sparkev is even more rare.

Tesla Roadster - ~2,500 produced. Prices on these seem to have bottomed out over the past year. This is credited as the car that made EVs cool and viable. Rare enough that newer Tesla owners and even employees don't know about it.

Another noteworthy EV (ok ok it has a gas generator):
Fisker Karma - ~2,600 produced. One of the early exotic EVs that didn't make it.

I personally believe these two have a much better chance at collectibility than the Spark EV, but I'd love to be surprised. Live auction in 2064 - "Here we have a 2014 Spark EV, NUMBERS MATCHING! Chevrolet's first production electric vehicle 50 years ago. Our experts have validated its authenticity. This is not a gasoline-powered Spark that was converted by professional scammers!" :lol:

It doesn't have to be either-or. There are people collecting Packards and Model T and Model E. Sure, Duegy might fetch more money, but some Fords are also considered collectible, even Edsel. In that light, even Leaf will be a collectible some day, probably as an example of poor EV engineering and infuriating free charging policy.

Back