2016 Chevrolet Spark - Official

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SparkieVee said:
As an early lessor of a Spark EV, I was invited to a Chevy "VIP" event at the LA auto show Saturday morning. I spoke with a Chevy product rep who told me that he believed the Spark EV would return on the new body style for 2017.

I do take this with a grain of salt, because I wasn't talking to Mark Reuss and he said something like his impression from the meetings he's been in is that it will happen rather than a definite statement, but it does seem possible that Chevy might go with a two-EV strategy, with a cheaper Spark for those who don't need the longer range and a more expensive Bolt for those who do. I'd be happy to have the option.

I agree with you that it should be taken with a grain of salt... seems unlikely unfortunately.

However, I think it would be smart for Chevy to do this and expand the reach. Perhaps only sell it in small numbers in urban markets. Maybe with a minor battery boost to 100 miles. The Spark EV is the perfect EV for city use, and the new body style is far less polarizing.

SparkieVee said:
As an early lessor of a Spark EV, I was invited to a Chevy "VIP" event at the LA auto show Saturday morning. I spoke with a Chevy product rep who told me that he believed the Spark EV would return on the new body style for 2017.

I do take this with a grain of salt, because I wasn't talking to Mark Reuss and he said something like his impression from the meetings he's been in is that it will happen rather than a definite statement, but it does seem possible that Chevy might go with a two-EV strategy, with a cheaper Spark for those who don't need the longer range and a more expensive Bolt for those who do. I'd be happy to have the option.

That would be interesting. The Bolt reveal is scheduled for CES in January. If anyone is there for that, can you please ask about the future of the Spark EV?

fengshui said:
SparkieVee said:

That would be interesting. The Bolt reveal is scheduled for CES in January. If anyone is there for that, can you please ask about the future of the Spark EV?

I sincerely hope they change the name...it's AWFUL!

Back