36 month lease for $72/month at Rydell Chevrolet

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

This deal even beats the $99/month lease that local Fiat dealers were offering on the 500e last month!

3 year, 30,000 mile lease with $2390 down (offset by $2500 CA rebate, so I'm up $110!), and payments of $72/month. Full disclosure, I wanted a 36,000 mile lease instead of the 30,000 mile version, so my payments are actually $80/month.

This is the best lease deal for this car I've ever seen. My TOTAL cost of ownership for 3 years - including the purchase of an EVSE home charge station from Bosch with a $500 rebate for Chevy Spark owners - will be under $3000!

And this was easily the best new car buying experience I've ever had. My salesman at Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge - Raymond Campana - had a no pressure, easy going sales approach which made me relax and actually enjoy the buying experience. All of Rydell's Spark EV's include the fast DC charger, and when I went to sign the lease paperwork, there were no hidden charges or surprises. Everything was exactly as promised.

I'd originally intended to purchase the car outright - Rydell's own incentives, combined with Chevy's and the state of CA, would have resulted in a purchase price of under $13,000 before taxes! But once Raymond explained the lease offer, it was too good to turn down.

I really cannot say enough about Rydell. When I first spoke to Raymond after seeing Rydell's internet price, he said they didn't have any cars in stock but offered to put me on a waiting list. About 3 days later, he called to say they'd received a shipment and asked me what color I wanted (black!). I couldn't get to Rydell until the following day because of my work schedule. By the time I arrived, 9 out of the 10 Spark EV's had been sold, but one black one was sitting there waiting for me. While I was signing paperwork, Raymond got a call from a buyer in Bakersfield who was driving down to pick up one of the cars that had arrived. He wanted to order two more Spark EV's over the phone - one for each of his kids!

Rydell is apparently the #1 Volt dealer in the country, and they seem to be getting their hands on new Spark EV's more quickly than other local dealers. If you're serious about buying a Spark EV, I think they're hands down the best deal in town.

Isn't that about same as $139/mo + $0 down for 39mo/31.25K miles?

$72 + 2390/36 = $138.39

If you assume 5% return per year (eg. AT&T or 10% with REIT funds),

$138.39 + 2390*15%/36 = $148.35

It seems that's worse. I don't know about your 36K miles comparison.

I think Chevy's national promotion of $0 down $139/mo does not include doc fee, title, tax, and etc. If OP's total cost including everything is under $3K for 3 years, then indeed it's a very good deal. My total cost for 3 years is just a little over $3,100.

gman said:
I think Chevy's national promotion of $0 down $139/mo does not include doc fee, title, tax, and etc. If OP's total cost including everything is under $3K for 3 years, then indeed it's a very good deal. My total cost for 3 years is just a little over $3,100.
Aha! You might be right. Chevy deal total with tax is $149.xx/mo, and total due was about $250 for title. What he got is better than 5% return, but worse than 10% return fund. My total cost if 36 mo is about $3150, 39 mo is $3600. Of course, Bosch charger included. We're talking pennies here. Deal doesn't seem all that great, though not worse.

In hindsight, I should've bargained for higher mileage lease. I'm driving more than I ever thought I would, thanks to DCFC. I might end up buying this thing...

DEALER:

Stewart Cars
780 Serramonte Blvd, Colma, CA 94014

SALES CONSULTANT:

Yev Kaplinskiy

LEASE:

$76.46 (INCLUSIVE of TAX) 39 months
$2501 Down Payment (INCLUSIVE of title, license plates, etc)
10k miles annually

BOSCH STATION:

Total cost: $30.10 (mainly due to shipping costs)

RESULT:

THE MOST FUN CAR EVER!

Friend of mine just picked up his second spark EV today at rydell chevrolet in northridge. His lease deal was absolutely zero money down and $160 a month for 36 months on a red spark EV with DCFC. They just got a truck load in and are going quick. Talk to Fabian if you want a deal like this.

Back