Another new Spark EV owner

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotte

So far I've only driven from the dealership back home - about 28 miles. The car had 69 miles estimated range when I started, and was at 40 when I got home. This was in 95 degree heat, so I had the AC (and radio) running the whole way. I didn't look at the miles/kw display because I didn't find out about that until later, but the charge consumed was right around what I had expected. The trip was all freeway, and I was going 65-70 most of the way.

I got a 2LT model, but only because that's what was available. This particular car just came in yesterday, so I decided to jump on it. So far it's a neat car and a lot of fun to drive.

This is the only picture I have so far, other than a poor one with it parked in our embarrassingly cluttered garage. ;)

markcmann said:
Did you already get a level 2 charger installed?

Not yet, hopefully soon. Charged it for a few hours this afternoon with the 120VAC charger, but I'll charge it fully tomorrow (I'm one of the fortunate people who can charge EVs at work - and while I'll have the first Spark at work, there are already a couple Volts - and they use the same charger).

scotte said:
markcmann said:

Not yet, hopefully soon. Charged it for a few hours this afternoon with the 120VAC charger, but I'll charge it fully tomorrow (I'm one of the fortunate people who can charge EVs at work - and while I'll have the first Spark at work, there are already a couple Volts - and they use the same charger).

You are lucky you have the ability to charge at work, I'm going to do a little research about seeing if our company can install chargers at the office as there is some significant business tax incentives in doing so (at least in California).

I actually installed the GE Wattstation about ten days before I actually received the car. I had a co-worker at work who knew a licensed electrician and he installed the dedicated 240 volt circuit and NEMA P-50 plug in the garage. I picked up the GE Wattstatiom at Lowe's with a coupon for $885 out the door. Of course now Chevrolt is offering a $500 voucher towards an installed Bosch charger but they have to install it, which would cost a bit more than what I spent altogether.

Yeah, I'm fortunate for sure. The way my company does it is through a private ChargePoint station, which supports a bunch of different vehicles - Leaf, Tesla, Volt, and Spark. I have no idea how much it costs them, but there's got to be some tax incentives.

I'm getting the 240VAC charger this weekend, we'll see how that goes.

markcmann said:
scotte said:
markcmann said:

Of course now Chevrolt is offering a $500 voucher towards an installed Bosch charger but they have to install it, which would cost a bit more than what I spent altogether.

FYI Bosch does not require you to have it installed by them if you order with the rebate. You can pay for the difference in shipping and tax and do a self install like I did. You may as well order it and sell it cheap to a friend or on eBay at this point if you don't plan to use the rebate to recoup some expenses from your other EVSE.

Back