Another one bites the dust... (3 Miles w/Full Charge)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rensupreme

So yesterday I drove to work and got there with 18 miles range left. As I was leaving work it displayed 6 miles with the battery level displaying a full charge, which is weird. As I was driving, the range quickly decreased to 3 miles. A little light came on the dash with "exclamation in a car" symbol. I also noticed a message saying "propulsion power has been reduced." I stopped by DC quick charging stations down the street and attempted to charge it. The chargers were in use so I had to wait.. Once a spot opened up, I attempted to move my car there to only find out the car will not start... Someone helped me pushed it towards the DC Quick Charger and I plugged it in. Then the car displayed this message...

23551542822_9abe23a310_b.jpg

Okay.. so I had someone help me push it to a L2 charger and it displayed a message saying "Not able to charge car" or something similar.

So I called OnStar for road side assistance. OnStar is a great service by the way, customer service is exceptional. Though I would rather have a functioning car than to need to use OnStar.
It took 2 hours for the tow truck to get here... and that's not really anyone's fault in the the time of day (10:30pm) and bad weather..

23551627902_e2742ee811_b.jpg

This is what is displayed when I check the status on the OnStar app. :shock:
23364712640_77a5342459_c.jpg

I've read that a few other members on this forum experienced the same thing and they ended up having the entire battery pack replaced... I don't really know what to expect or say at this point. The car is now at the dealership. I will keep this thread updated..

ren,

Please keep us posted.

I can't help but wonder if this is an actual hardware failure or just another SW glitch,,, which might have been reset with a hard reboot ( disconnecting the 12V battery negative lead for a few minutes).

Back