Any other Spark EV owners out in the Inland Empire?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawl

I know I'm not the sole representative out here. Anyone else on this forum? I'm in Redlands, btw.

Pawl said:
I know I'm not the sole representative out here. Anyone else on this forum? I'm in Redlands, btw.

Hey neighbor, I'm in Corona with a white 2014 Spark EV. We got ours at Singh Chevrolet in Riverside. How about you?

StevesWeb said:
Pawl said:

Hey neighbor, I'm in Corona with a white 2014 Spark EV. We got ours at Singh Chevrolet in Riverside. How about you?

I bought mine at Simpson Chevrolet in Garden Grove. I checked out Singh, but they tried to insist that they installed LoJack on all their new cars and that the price increased by >$1000. I said I didn't want it, they sort of backtracked, and we just got off on the wrong foot. (The sales rep couldn't really answer my question about why they installed it on cars already equipped with OnStar, and I just lost my trust in them.)

I drive over to Corona once every 6 weeks or so. I'll give ya a heads up next time (was there last Sunday). I meet someone by Sizzler's and pick up raw milk from PA (I know, sounds odd). I've not driven the Spark there yet, but just realized it will make the round trip pretty easy (65m).

Paul

Before I moved to Canada, I was in Victorville. The DCFS picture is starting to look good in the area. I have a cabin in Idyllwild (which has a level 2 EVSE btw, let me know if you'd like to use it), and I would often make trips from Victorville to Idyllwild (~97 miles). Going to Idyllwild, I would need to charge for about an hour, while coming back, I wouldn't need to charge at all, because I would have an elevation advantage. Now with DCFS in San Bernadino, I would only need a quick ~10-15 min pit stop to make it up. Mountain roads in the Spark are like riding a roller coaster (best one yet, highway 138 from Lake Silverwood to Lake Arrowhead, WHOA)!

I go out to March AFB every month for drill weekends. The commute from Downey to Mo Val is about 60 miles. I tend to leave with 85 on the GOM and arrive between 15-20 depending on how fast I drive. It's been nice to see some DCFS sites popping up. I'd love to see some more off the 91 near riverside or moreno valley.

Back