Audio

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikwax

I don't expect a lot out of factory audio, but the Spark audio was just too poor for either of us to take. We replaced the factory speakers with Kickers, which helped, but of course there is no low end and even the mid range was pretty poor.

Today I had a powered sub installed, an Alpine PWE-S8, which mostly fits under the front seat, just a little bit sticks out into the rear footwell. It has a huge amount of punch, when we demoed it the seats and mirrors shook. Not that I listen to music that way, but there is quite a bit of power there. More to the point, it sounds very good, and is easily adjustable via a wired remote knob.

The sound system is now terrific. Very happy, even streaming audio sounds brilliant.

There is hope for the factory audio. For under $1000, you can have very good quality sound.

Just installed Kicker speakers in all 4 corners of the car today will be installing the Kicker powered sub this weekend. Will post results.

Back