Battery Part Numbers

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDobro

While at the dealer yesterday, I checked on availability of the traction battery and got three part numbers for my 2015.

19332475 is listed as discontinued.
19332480 is listed as an invalid part number.
24278905 is listed as an import battery, shows no inventory and will backorder upon order entry.

This is per GM Global Connect, so GM, what's the story?

I'm curious. Where did you check? Parts.gmparts.com doesn't have any listing for spark drive batteries at all, but gmpartsdirect.com lists all three. If you just google the #s, all of them come up plentifully. gmpartsdirect seems to have them on sale, the first two around $11k (~$15k MSRP). Also, several sites show 19332475 as being superseded by 19332476. I'm not really sure, but is the first one for the 2014, and the other two for 2014/15/16? I noticed that the first two are refurbished and the third one is new, at a whopping $30K MSRP; that's THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Well, it is on sale now, for TWENTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Funny, I always thought that $15k bought a NEW battery pack, which I also thought was more than two times too high. This does make it a little harder to extol the virtues of an EV if you have to just throw it away when the battery degrades too much.

Like I wrote, I went direct to the dealer parts dept., and they checked with GM Global Connect, while I was standing there. You can't go by those online sites, it's just a program that they subscribe to.

Back