bike carrier

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sTeeve said:
I've posted this request before: can somebody in the state of Washington near the shop of Torklift Central in Kent, Wa. go there and allow them to make a hitch for Spark EVs?

They already make one for the gas Spark. It should be cake for them to modify their current design to accommodate the EV.

https://torkliftcentral.com/2013-2015-chevy-spark-ecohitch

315 Central Ave N
Kent, WA 98032
Call Us
(877) 343-6933
[email protected]

Somebody please do this, I would but I am about 1000 miles away!

Taxman said:
SparkevBlogspot said:
But before you put a hitch, make sure to check with Chevy that it's OK to have a hitch. They may deny you warranty if they see a hitch, even if it's not used for towing.

https://www.gmoutletparts.com/oem-parts/gm-hitch-mount-accessory-carrier-19354461

So this fits??! If so, I am buyin one yesterday!

But it suspicious as it says it only fits the 2016 Spark ev and not the 2014 or 2015 spark ev.......
makes me think probably an error.....

CSW said:
So this fits??! If so, I am buyin one yesterday!

But it suspicious as it says it only fits the 2016 Spark ev and not the 2014 or 2015 spark ev.......
makes me think probably an error.....

Good catch. If they list it for 2nd Gen gassers but not 1st Gen gassers, I bet it won't fit.
Probably whoever stuck it in the EPC didn't realize the 2016 EV was 1st Gen.

Unless some brave soul wants to order it through their local dealer under an agreement to return it without restocking fee if it doesn't fit...

Maybe it fits but requires removal of the under bumper skirt?
Does anybody know how the frame rail spacing compares between the generations?

We found a great deal on a Saris Bones 3 Rack ($75 at a Bargain Hunt) and found that it works great for us. It is not listed as a supported rack on their vehicle fit chart but it fits our car just fine and we've tested it out and have had no issues. I would recommend turning off the automatic rear wiper when the rack is installed so it doesn't hit the rack if you have the front wipers on and shift out of park.

46792721324_cbb807aced_z.jpg

wow I had no idea the saris bones 3 would work on this I actually have one in the box still i was planning on selling. I dont ride anymore but thats awesome it works for the spark ev :)

Back