Buying? Like actually purchasing - Am I alone?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bilmat, as an addendum: Tesla discontinued the smallest battery option on S model mostly because it was not selling well.

iletric said:
Bilmat, as an addendum: Tesla discontinued the smallest battery option on S model mostly because it was not selling well.

Which is evidence that its targeted buyers suffered from range anxiety. With the larger batteries available in the new S models, the car seems to be selling well, at least in Silicon Valley. More power to Tesla and every other EV manufacturer as the more that are sold or leased the faster we'll see more charging stations.

Bilmat said:
Which is evidence that its targeted buyers suffered from range anxiety.
I beg to differ on that one.

Buying a Tesla with a dinky battery is like getting all dressed up with no place to go. Why scrimp? You laying your hard-earned cash down for a serious super car, you might as well get somehing worth your while.

Pegasus said:
can you post a copy of the battery and powertrain warranty terms and conditions?
Answering my own question after doing some digging (and calling the Spark EV customer line,) from http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html:
This Voltec warranty covers repairs to correct any Voltec component defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 8-year/100,000 mile term for the following:

Propulsion Battery Warranty Policy

Like all batteries, the amount of energy that the high-voltage “propulsion” battery can store will decrease with time and miles driven. Depending on use, the battery may degrade as little as 10 percent to as much as 30 percent of capacity over the warranty period. A dealer service technician will determine if the battery energy capacity (kWh storage) is within the proper limit, given the age and mileage of the vehicle. Your Volt battery warranty replacement may not return your vehicle to “as-new” condition, but it will make your Volt fully operational appropriate to its age and mileage.
This is specifically for the Volt but the Spark EV team told me the Spark EV's policy is the same, except that it's up to 35% degradation, though that's a doomsday scenario. So it's warranted to have at least 65% of original capacity for 8 years/100K miles (10/150K in CA?,) which is 13.65kWh (65% of 21kWh,) so roughly 53 miles (65% of the nominal 82.) That'll still work fine for me. :) (My last electric car had a 50 mile range in the best case, though that used lead-acid batteries.)

Back