Does your car seem to lose charge sitting parked?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

I have not noticed this as a general problem (although I know that all batteries will lose charge gradually just sitting dormant), however last weekend I came back from a drive and I was fairly certain I had a number in the 40s (think it was 44km) in estimated range left. I then left it for maybe an hour or 2 at the most, unplugged. As I needed space in the garage to work since I was washing my other car, I moved the car out onto the street. While washing my other car, I heard a few honks from the Spark and thought I may have accidentally pushed the panic or lock button since it was in my pants pocket, but when I went to move the Spark back into the garage, it had a low battery warning, and only about 25km charge left. I was thinking that perhaps the sound was a warning that the battery had reached a low level, but I couldn't find anything about that in the manual, so maybe I just pressed the panic button. I have not seen that kind of drop of charge while just sitting parked - anyone else?

That shouldn't happen at all.

Unless the "ignition" is on the main contactor is open and the high voltage battery is isolated from everything.

The only thing I can think of is some software fault.

kevin

Back