EV road trip

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nikwax said:
wow, you get great mileage! MY GOM starts at 80, and now that it is colder it starts at 60 from a full charge.

:eek: Wow, so I guess I haven't seen the worst mileage just yet :!: Here in Canada, it's been pretty mild but we have definitely seen below freezing temps so far this year. I would say on average, the GOM has not gone below 130km, or about 80 miles. But 60 - yikes! Good thing the wife's commute is only 25 miles roundtrip!

BTW, we do use the remote start regularly now before leaving home and I think it does help mileage quite a bit - do you make use of it?

mostly I do use remote start. I think the GOM is up to 70 again.

Climate control really does take a big bite, I see a minimum of 3% of my charge used for climate when I have it running on auto (and If my wife is in the car, then her seat heater is on all of the time). I'm not mileage constrained, so there's no reason not to run it, and it does work really well, much better than my Volvo's climate control.

Back