Fiat 500e owners on full attack mode.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nozferatu

Was over at the Fiat forums and trying to have a civil comparison between the Spark EV and their vehicle...they don't likey too much.....feel rather threatened for some stupid reason. What is wrong with some EV owners....I see the same crap on the Volt forums too.

Very sad behavior.

Out of curiosity, could you post a link?

I've seen the 500e now that they've been released up here. It looks good and seems like it could be fun, if you don't ever need a useable back seat.

Do realize that for some people their manhood is wrapped up in their car. Silly. No matter how nice or how bad, it's only a car.

People get defensive about their choices and values.
Passion and ego overwhelm rationality.
People'll inflate their chosen objects capabilities and lie or ignore the opposing brand's proficiencies just to defend their position.
It's not like it never happens with Windows and Mac users...
Or ICE drivers and electronauts.
;)

emv said:
Out of curiosity, could you post a link?

I've seen the 500e now that they've been released up here. It looks good and seems like it could be fun, if you don't ever need a useable back seat.

Do realize that for some people their manhood is wrapped up in their car. Silly. No matter how nice or how bad, it's only a car.

Sure here it is:

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/66-fiat-500e/59290-why-our-500es-feel-so-fast.html

And yes, it does seem like Fiat 500 owners do equate their manhood heavily on their cars..which I find ironic...

NomadMac said:
People get defensive about their choices and values.
Passion and ego overwhelm rationality.
People'll inflate their chosen objects capabilities and lie or ignore the opposing brand's proficiencies just to defend their position.
It's not like it never happens with Windows and Mac users...
Or ICE drivers and electronauts.
;)

Indeed

nozferatu said:
Was over at the Fiat forums and trying to have a civil comparison between the Spark EV and their vehicle...they don't likey too much.....feel rather threatened for some stupid reason. What is wrong with some EV owners....I see the same crap on the Volt forums too.

Very sad behavior.

Dude! When you write stuff like this:

I completely disagree. If you consider it a compliance car, what the **** do you think the 500e is?

It's put together far better than my previous Fiat 500

...it will leave the 500e behind without breaking a sweat.

Those words are not "a civil comparison", ...more a form of kicking sand in others' faces, poking them with a stick, insulting their choice of car. When you write like that, you're going to get at least a few people's wrath. You CAN write without being inflammatory, but it didn't happen in that thread.

From my viewpoint: The 500e is cuter, but it was more expensive. I don't care which is faster, they're both electric and have great acceleration for a small car. I bought a Spark EV to match my Volt -- that was one of the biggest reasons to choose it over the 500e. Everyone has their preferences, but insulting others' will always get angry replies.

SteveC5088 said:
nozferatu said:

Very sad behavior.

Dude! When you write stuff like this:

I completely disagree. If you consider it a compliance car, what the **** do you think the 500e is?

It's put together far better than my previous Fiat 500

...it will leave the 500e behind without breaking a sweat.

Those words are not "a civil comparison", ...more a form of kicking sand in others' faces, poking them with a stick, insulting their choice of car. When you write like that, you're going to get at least a few people's wrath. You CAN write without being inflammatory, but it didn't happen in that thread.

From my viewpoint: The 500e is cuter, but it was more expensive. I don't care which is faster, they're both electric and have great acceleration for a small car. I bought a Spark EV to match my Volt -- that was one of the biggest reasons to choose it over the 500e. Everyone has their preferences, but insulting others' will always get angry replies.

Wait...are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that I initiated the attacks? And you are actually suggesting that I take it lying down after my first being insulted?? Have you read what was written beforehand? I don't see anything wrong with what was said. I was defending myself from insults given to my driving a Spark EV. I posted on a couple of other threads about what my top speed limit was and also mid-range performance and I was attacked for no reason other than for not having a 500e.

I would never tell a 500e owner to get lost because he doesn't own a Spark. What sort of behavior is that?

What the hell dude. If anything I was trying to start a civil discussion about torque specs, curves, handling problems with the Spark, etc.

Having owned a 500 Sport for almost 2 years prior, I can honestly say the Spark EV is a better car in almost every respect with exception to handling. Looks is subjective and from some angles the 500 looks better and from others the Spark does. I was never a fan of my 500's huge and comical wheel gaps and jelly bean rear end. Not to say the Spark's is not much better.

I also made a point to be civil by talking about the specs and performances and difference of both cars...but when someone harks on about how ugly the Spark is and doesn't see the value of sharing information about modding, etc like what Nashco has done to his car...then screw em. It's clear the few individuals who took offense to me being there have insecurities which I cannot do much about.

nozferatu said:

Very sad behavior.

This coming from you? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off !!!!!

Yes, the Volt forum is hostile, in my opinion, to anything not pro-GM. I suspect this forum will ultimately slither into that cesspool of folks like you.

nozferatu said:

Very sad behavior.
After reading that thread, Sportivo500 comes off as quite antagonistic. I don't think any of the trolling accusations were unreasonable.

nozferatu wrote:
Wait...are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that I initiated the attacks?

Umm... yes. Looking at the link you provided, all I see is a quote from greencarreports.com talking about why the Fiat feels faster. Seems ok to me.

And you are actually suggesting that I take it lying down after my first being insulted??

Please show me a line/phrase that insults you.

Have you read what was written beforehand?
Yes. Trying to find those insults.

I don't see anything wrong with what was said.
You need to learn to write withOUT phrases like "what the **** do you think" and "...leave the 500e behind without breaking a sweat"

I was defending myself from insults given to my driving a Spark EV. I posted on a couple of other threads about what my top speed limit was and also mid-range performance and I was attacked for no reason other than for not having a 500e.

So, based on what people wrote in other threads, you lay into the Fiat and Fiat owners in this thread? Keep that up, and I can guarantee you will get flamed every time.

Shoot! If you try posting in any forum that is for a specific car and model, and try to say yours is better, or underscore areas where yours surpasses theirs, what sort of response do you think you will get?

You can't be serious saying your posts are "civil discussion".

Do some background reading bud before you accuse anyone of anything. That would really really help. Clearly you haven't even if you said you have.

TonyWilliams said:
nozferatu said:

Very sad behavior.

This coming from you? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off !!!!!

Yes, the Volt forum is hostile, in my opinion, to anything not pro-GM. I suspect this forum will ultimately slither into that cesspool of folks like you.

You'd fit right in over there TW...you are cut from the same cloth as some of those guys over there. So please don't flatter yourself.

In the past I've owned nice Italian cars (ALFA's) and driven Fiat's, Lancia's, and Autobianchi's. Italian cars inspire passion that no other country's cars can match. Expect people to be passionate about them. That said, it's still just a car and some folks go overboard.

Looking at the posts, I fear you entered the discussion loaded for bear. You may not have been looking for a fight but those ***'s are not peaceful words, particularly in response to a post that didn't bad mouth the Spark.

emv said:
In the past I've owned nice Italian cars (ALFA's) and driven Fiat's, Lancia's, and Autobianchi's. Italian cars inspire passion that no other country's cars can match. Expect people to be passionate about them. That said, it's still just a car and some folks go overboard.

Looking at the posts, I fear you entered the discussion loaded for bear. You may not have been looking for a fight but those ***'s are not peaceful words, particularly in response to a post that didn't bad mouth the Spark.

I agree with you. My 500 did have oodles of character that the Spark lacks I'm afraid. But character goes so far as well.

Keep in mind that website is HEAVILY censored...if you say H E L L it comes out as ****...and that's what I typed.

I was attacked in a few other threads for mentioning the Spark's top speed and range...never trumping anyone else or belittling the car their car mind you....just comparing driving experiences and daily livability. A few of them took it as a threat for some odd reason.

That's where it all started. There is a history behind these goons. They don't like anything GM much like a couple of characters and trolls here.

nozferatu said:
Do some background reading bud before you accuse anyone of anything. That would really really help. Clearly you haven't even if you said you have.

"...bud..."???

"Clearly you haven't..."

Oh good grief. Those words or so full of antagonism, I don't think you can write two sentences without inviting flames. Good luck with those civil conversations.

You provided one link, and then accuse me of not digging up more of your garbage. What a nice guy!

SteveC5088 said:
nozferatu said:

"...bud..."???

"Clearly you haven't..."

Oh good grief. Those words or so full of antagonism, I don't think you can write two sentences without inviting flames. Good luck with those civil conversations.

You provided one link, and then accuse me of not digging up more of your garbage. What a nice guy!

I'm not going to waste time with this...if you want to go find them be my guest. Seems like no one can say anything anymore because everyone has become so sensitive to a word like "bud"...lol

Good grief indeed.

nozferatu said:
You'd fit right in over there TW...you are cut from the same cloth as some of those guys over there. So please don't flatter yourself.

So sweet coming from a common punk like you. You must be a joy on other forums, just like here, eh?

Is there a way to add a thread to an ignore list so it does not come up when I select view active topics? I don't necessarily want to add individuals, but once a thread has deteriorated to a certain level, it is no longer of any value and I would like to find a way for it to no longer appear, regardless of activity in the tread.

TonyWilliams said:
nozferatu said:

So sweet coming from a common punk like you. You must be a joy on other forums, just like here, eh?

Given your usually toxic behavior in another thread on this forum, you have no room to talk so just zip it and move along....try not to be your usual insecure little self.

Don't forget to call the internet police! We're shaking in our boots!

Back