Fit a bicycle??

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Brompton folding bike fits in the trunk with the tailgate closed. Nothing needs to be removed from the bike. Just fold it up and stick it in. I tried a lot of different bikes (but not a Bike Friday) and most required at a minimum, removing or disassembling something. One Brompton and four people fit perfectly well in the Spark EV. You could probably fit three people and three Bromptons if you got creative. But yeah, even on CL, as used one can easily cost you over $1,000. Having said that, I think the come in 1, 2, 3 or 6 speed versions. And they ride like a full size bike. Super easy to ride a mile or two from a charging station. I do it all the time. Turns a 20 minute walk into a seven minute ride.

Fuji Origami 1.3 Folding Bike - 2016. From Performance bike. $420 brand new. Looks nice.

http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10052_10551_1190842_-1___

Thule trunk mount folding carrier attaches nicely to the hatch with no damage. We carried 2 road bikes that way on a 200 mile road trip. It does create noticeable drag so your range will decrease.

My Allen Sports rack doesn't damage the spoiler, but I did notice that after a number of uses the straps started to mark the paint on the edge of the spoiler, so I used some soft felt between the strap and paint for a while and then got some clear vinyl to cover the area.

Just puttzin around with one light bike the plastic wing won't show damage and all should be fine.

It's that one time when two heavy muddy bikes are on the rack at highway speeds and you hit a big dip or bad bump in the road.
That's when the straps have the most forces on them.

If there was a way to add a support that made the straps go above the wing all would be fine.

Back