Horn honk when the key leaves the vehicle

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tigger19687 said:
If it Honks EVERY TIME you plug it in and charge, there are going to be some VERY UNHAPPY people.
One of them would be me.
If I work the late shift and get home at Midnight, that horn better not go off !!

Hope they have a work around for that before I buy one

My 2014 Spark EV does that. Not new for 2015. Two quick beeps when I put it into 240V charger. There is nothing in
settings to stop that. Does plenty of things you can't control. Its an annoying as those spell checkers you
can't turn off. Constantly locking my doors for me too and the radio turn itself on when you look cross-eye at it.
It is constantly coming on when I'm using navigation and that's a royal pain.

romorris2342 said:
tigger19687 said:
If it Honks EVERY TIME you plug it in and charge, there are going to be some VERY UNHAPPY people.
One of them would be me.
If I work the late shift and get home at Midnight, that horn better not go off !!

Hope they have a work around for that before I buy one

My 2014 Spark EV does that. Not new for 2015. Two quick beeps when I put it into 240V charger. There is nothing in
settings to stop that. ...

Wait, what? I set mine to not honk when I plug in. Or if someone unplugs it, or if the power goes out. I missed that last one, and a day or so after I got it, the power went out in the middle of the night...

Settings>Vehicle Settings>>Down Arrow>>Charge Alerts...

Sparkler said:
romorris2342 said:

Wait, what? I set mine to not honk when I plug in. Or if someone unplugs it, or if the power goes out. I missed that last one, and a day or so after I got it, the power went out in the middle of the night...

Pretty sure I went down the menu's in detail on multiple occasions, but thanks - I'll look again !

romorris2342 said:
Pretty sure I went down the menu's in detail on multiple occasions, but thanks - I'll look again !

It's there alright. That was the 1st thing I nixed the day we got the car.

iletric said:
romorris2342 said:

It's there alright. That was the 1st thing I nixed the day we got the car.

Oh thank gawd you can turn it off. That has got to be the most annoying thing.

romorris2342 said:
Sparkler said:
romorris2342 said:

You need to have the vehicle "ON" for the options to be "active" i.e. not grayed out.

tigger19687 said:

I discovered that (in the 2015 at least) you can disable SOME of the stupid honking. There is a settings section on the radio. Secret tip, you can't get there unless the car is standing still in Park. That fooled me at first.

So you can turn off the honk to let you know you are charging. And you can disable the honk when you leave your keys inside, unless you leave the car running. Then it still honks.

It's the genuinely random honk that completely pisses me off. I'm in the car, with my keys. Nothing wrong. No message on the display. Why the frigging honking at midnight? Is there no other alert mechanism they could think of?

Monkeys could devise a better system. My first GM car, and certainly last.

Sparkler said:

That menu only works if your car is in PARK. If you stop at a light and fiddle with the radio looking for it, you won't find it.

Tdk408 said:
Monkeys could devise a better system. My first GM car, and certainly last.
I'm there with you... Particularly on that random honk. I get it too. Key in hand, shut the door...HONK!

Back