Huge Favor from Merced Area Spark drivers

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xylhim

Hello all,

I am embarking on a very lengthy road trip in my Spark from Southern California all the way up to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I plan on taking the 99 North, then cutting over to the i5 once I hit Sacramento. Because of the limited 3.3 kW onboard charger, I'm going to want to take advantage of every fast charger along my route as possible. One that I will encounter is at the Applegate Plaza in Atwater. NRG has been installing Terra53 dual standard fast charging stations at many locations now. Unfortunately, their reliability doesn't seem to be the greatest. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility problem with the Spark or the machines are just really glitchy.

If someone from that area passes by the Applegate plaza combo charger, it would be great if you can let me know if it is working; if it is not, I can at least call NRG to have someone take a look at it before I set off on my trip next week. :D

Good luck! I did a somewhat similar trip in 2012, driving from Mexico to Canada via interstate 5 using the Nissan LEAF 3.3kW for most charging through California.

Of course, I was able to use CHAdeMO throughout Oregon and Washington.

Thanks Tony, although it will be slow going, there is fortunate ly enough level 2 stations to get me where I need to go.

Back