iPhone mounting system

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbroders

Since the nav system and pandora require the iPhone to be connected I was wondering if anyone had setup an iPhone dock. It would be nice if you could just set your phone into a cradle of some kind with one hand and then drive away. The current system is a bit tedious.

--Bob

P.S. Do you agree that it is silly that volume changes blank the active display to give you feedback, but station changes give you nothing? I like the way climate changes work: a small overlay on the top of the screen appears briefly.

i still cant believe the manufacturers didnt start yet to integrate mobile phone cradles in the dashboard. although those would probably add $1500 to the price of the car...

the UI of the center monitor is a joke. an overlay banner that covers the static banner and then some? yuck. i would have offered to take the 2 designers that were involved out for lunch, and have them talk about how many pixels they use. the volume screen is probably an afterthought - they may have had it done differently, figured out it doesnt work, and quickly slapped a new screen with the volume indicator because the delivery date was near. i would still love to have one of the 3 big physical rotating knobs repurposed for the volume adjustment...

I discovered why the Volume display takes over the entire display: its touch sensitive!

Want a big volume change? Press a volume button and when the display appears touch the volume indicator and slide it across the screen. Works okay, but I would still prefer a big knob.

--Bob

rbroders said:
I discovered why the Volume display takes over the entire display: its touch sensitive!

Want a big volume change? Press a volume button and when the display appears touch the volume indicator and slide it across the screen. Works okay, but I would still prefer a big knob.

--Bob

Yep! You can also hit the mute button that shows up when you adjust the volume to silence the system without the push and hold of the infotainment power button.

Well, after extensive searching, I couldn't find a car iPhone mount which also had a sync connector. So I bought this Belkin Desktop Dock http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008VP22DO/
and installed it myself with a small block of wood and some double sided tape.

I have pictures, which I will add if the administrator changes this forum/my account to allow attachments.

--Bob

Back