Is the $199 lease deal negotiable?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switters

I've decided to lease a Spark. I'm seeing the $199/mo with $999 down deal advertised. Is that a standard offer that I'll get when I go to any Chevy dealership? Is there any part of it that is negotiable? I've read a lot online about how many different ways a dealer can hide costs to squeeze more money out of a lease deal. Do I need to be concerned about that with this kind of "standard offer"?

Most sites suggest negotiating the sticker price, money factor, residual value, etc. but it seems those are all pre-determined here?

Nope, that's the deal. The 999 is actually 1,600 due to tax...
We went with 15,000 miles 248 bucks per month. I know we will use them all up.

Thanks for your reply.

Is the $199/mo for 10k or 12k? Either way that's what we'll go with because we'll be lucky to use 10k miles a year. We don't drive a lot.

What should I expect for total out the door cost? Sounds like $1,600 down plus first month payment ($220 or so including tax?) plus ??? Are there other up-front fees like security deposit?

switters said:
I've decided to lease a Spark. I'm seeing the $199/mo with $999 down deal advertised. Is that a standard offer that I'll get when I go to any Chevy dealership? Is there any part of it that is negotiable? I've read a lot online about how many different ways a dealer can hide costs to squeeze more money out of a lease deal. Do I need to be concerned about that with this kind of "standard offer"?

Most sites suggest negotiating the sticker price, money factor, residual value, etc. but it seems those are all pre-determined here?
That lease deal is for the 1LT trim model only.

switters said:
Thanks for your reply.

Is the $199/mo for 10k or 12k? Either way that's what we'll go with because we'll be lucky to use 10k miles a year. We don't drive a lot.

What should I expect for total out the door cost? Sounds like $1,600 down plus first month payment ($220 or so including tax?) plus ??? Are there other up-front fees like security deposit?
12K mileage per year. Out the door cost is $999, license, DMV fees, first payment and sales tax on the first payment, roughly $1600 but they should itemize the total amount down. Also the $199 is before tax so depending on your location, the amount will vary by a couple of dollars ($215 +/-).

markcmann said:
switters said:

That lease deal is for the 1LT trim model only.

Bummer. I really want the 2LT trim. Do they have a similar deal, or is that something I'd have to negotiate with the dealer?

I leased the 1LT beause the difference between the two wasn't significant enough to make me want the 2LT.

The leatherette seats and steering wheel cover wasn't that big an attraction for me.

You might find yourself very happy with a 1LT model.

Either way, you're going to get a car that delivers great value.

gambit said:
I leased the 1LT beause the difference between the two wasn't significant enough to make me want the 2LT.

The leatherette seats and steering wheel cover wasn't that big an attraction for me.

You might find yourself very happy with a 1LT model.

Either way, you're going to get a car that delivers great value.
Me too, the 2LT leatherette seats and steering wheel cover is the only difference from the 1LT model. So far I've been happy with my 1LT as well.

I happen to much prefer leatherette to cloth, so I guess I'll have to wait and see how much of a difference there is in the lease deals. Thanks.

Switter
Do not let one of the 'used car salesman' types make a big ado about the financial difference between a 1LT and 2LT. There is less than $400 price difference between the two styles. Many of the sales people will try to get you on bogus charges if you express any preference. Let the sales person do all the calculation and then you can bump up the price on some part a small amount. A dealer can order a 2LT just as easy as he can order a 1LT. If something does not seem correct, WALK. There are many other dealers.

GOLDEN RULE: He who has the gold rules(even if it is in small segments).

kenn said:
Switter
Do not let one of the 'used car salesman' types make a big ado about the financial difference between a 1LT and 2LT. There is less than $400 price difference between the two styles. Many of the sales people will try to get you on bogus charges if you express any preference. Let the sales person do all the calculation and then you can bump up the price on some part a small amount. A dealer can order a 2LT just as easy as he can order a 1LT. If something does not seem correct, WALK. There are many other dealers.

GOLDEN RULE: He who has the gold rules(even if it is in small segments).

This is what I'm nervous about. With the 1LT, it sounds like it's a standard lease deal without any negotiation. That appeals to me: what you see is what you get. I'm worried that with the 2LT they're going to try to do what dealers always try to do, which is make changes or throw things in that lead to more money in their pocket.

I've never leased a car before so I'm not that confident in my ability to negotiate a lease from scratch. It would be really helpful to know the net cap cost, residual, and money factor from the $199/mo 1LT lease so I could have some baseline figures to compare what they're offering me for the 2LT with. Would anyone be willing to share those figures?

switters said:
[I've never leased a car before so I'm not that confident in my ability to negotiate a lease from scratch. It would be really helpful to know the net cap cost, residual, and money factor from the $199/mo 1LT lease so I could have some baseline figures to compare what they're offering me for the 2LT with. Would anyone be willing to share those figures?

Lucky you! They were just posted in this thread: http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3537

If the difference in 1LT and 2LT is only $400, another option you have is to pay that $400 up front and tell them to give you the same deal being offered on the 1LT... so as to avoid any of the "funny" games dealers usually try to play.

Back