Megatron build

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sequestrian said:
... so I'm asking $11K. I've listed Mickey locally here, but if you're interested and not in Utah, I imagine we could work something out.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3709051
I too have been shopping your car around to friends!
It's a way better bargain than what I bought 2 yrs ago !! Especially the Tire/Wheel package ! :eek:
And it's only an 1100 mile/16 hr non-stop road trip home with it!

Good luck with you guys sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the Tesla M3 to show up any day now..... :roll:

NORTON said:
Good luck with you guys sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the Tesla M3 to show up any day now..... :roll:

I've been getting that same reaction since I posted my ad and that's what I thought back in July when I made my reservation and why I bought Mickey in the first place. I figured that with Tesla's track history we may see ours fulfilled in 2-3 years and didn't want to be contributing to the problem any longer. That said, I've been watching Tesla news obsessively and all signs point confidently to the Model 3 release on time in July and I do not doubt their production ramp up. Given what they've said about giving reservation priority to current owners, we could potentially see our Model 3 delivered before the end of the year. I'd rather be safe than sorry and now seems like a good time to sell.

So, this car is too apparently too useful to sell. It's a shame it's not just a little better. It really shines on city streets but is garbage on the freeway. Anyone figure out decent suspension option that's not custom (I know about Bryce's build)? It has nearly as much stock ground clearance as our loaner Model S raised to the Very High suspension setting, but that's only half of the problem, I'm sure.

sequestrian said:
.... but is garbage on the freeway. Anyone figure out decent suspension option that's not custom ....
I don't understand your feelings.
I'm cruising with all my morning commuter buddies in the left lanes at 75-85 all the time. I bump the 90 limit routinely. Evenings are slower for some reason.

Many tire stores offer free alignment checks.
Save the print outs from a few different shops to get an average.

NOTE:
Don't tell anyone that is what you are doing.
Don't talk much.
Don't let them sell you anything.
DON'T let them pop the hood to "Give you the Free 45 Point Safety Inspection".
Just get the alignment readings and say "Thank you very much".

Good luck and post your results if you can !

NORTON said:
I don't understand your feelings.
I'm cruising with all my morning commuter buddies in the left lanes at 75-85 all the time. I bump the 90 limit routinely. Evenings are slower for some reason.
Let me rephrase as garbage is a stronger word than I should have used. By comparison to our Model S, Mickey feels a little unstable at high-speeds, especially on windy days (though this isn't likely to change with suspension), and the body roll is a little off-putting.

sequestrian said:
Let me rephrase as garbage is a stronger word than I should have used. By comparison to our Model S, ....
Ahh, well the Model S if probably twice as heavy and a WIDE, low profile on FAT tires.
And yes, windy days are something to reckon with! As is punching it at lower speeds! Hold on with both hands !!

Yeah, I understand it's not a fair comparison at all. I sort of wish we either hadn't bought an S or that the Spark was just a little bit better in the aforementioned ways. I need to switch to a high-performance summer tire and put high-performance winter tires on the OEM wheels to better mitigate traction issues. Michelin Premier A/S is a decent all-season tire, but Mickey pretty easily overwhelms them most of the year. If only his traction control was as quick and seamless as the S. He's so close to an awesome car.

Back