Modify the cupholders...?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezryder

My calf rests uncomfortably right against the bulge of the cup-holder. There's no way around it. I'm half tempted to modify it, somehow. I can live without one cup-holder, if need be. Or, perhaps create some leather-wrapped foam insert to stick IN the cup-holder that has half a muffin top sticking out the left side as a cushion, or something.

Another thought is to get a wider shifter knob so my knee rests against it, thereby keeping my calf away from the cup-holder. But, it doesn't seem likely an option.

Any ideas welcome.

Someone in another thread suggested self-stick neoprene pads which I imagine could be found at hardware or auto parts stores.

ezryder said:
My calf rests uncomfortably right against the bulge of the cup-holder. There's no way around it. I'm half tempted to modify it, somehow. I can live without one cup-holder, if need be. Or, perhaps create some leather-wrapped foam insert to stick IN the cup-holder that has half a muffin top sticking out the left side as a cushion, or something.

Another thought is to get a wider shifter knob so my knee rests against it, thereby keeping my calf away from the cup-holder. But, it doesn't seem likely an option.

Any ideas welcome.

As a temporary workaround take a towel or other cloth and drape it over the cup holder with a cup in the cup holder to keep it in place. This would let you try different materials to see what works.

I had that problem on another car and what I did:
I had a mouse pad with the gel pad for you wrist and cut that off the mouse pad and glued it to the cup holder and it worked great

Back