Nationwide distribution?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strap Bob Lutz in one and I'll throw the handle on the crusher. :twisted:

emv said:
A post over at GM-Volt.com http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?104209 makes it look like nationwide distribution may be coming very soon.

Hey, I read it on the internet so it must be true! :lol:

I updated that post at GMV with the latest, but figured it couldn't hurt to repost it here as well (below). GM still have no plans to have the Spark EV go national right now.

---

Sorry to be the bearer of 'non-news' but I have been talking to the execs at GM associated with the Spark EV the past two days, and I mentioned this apparent indication of a national roll-out. Long story short, they are not quite sure how people and/or dealerships have gotten the wrong idea.

They were/are "totally sure" (their words) that there is no plans to roll-out the Spark EV nationally, or how this info got distributed nationally, but asked if I would "put the word out on their behalf" on the Spark EV's status if it came up in the media circles just so their would not be any confusion.

Jay Cole
InsideEVs

Thank's for the update Jay, even if it isn't good news.

Still, another good reason to be glad I'm an Oregonian. ;)

Ca had to twist GM's arm to produce Spark...and the rest of the compliance EVs. It's not purpose built, but hey, it's here and it works. They probably calculated they would lose more money paying for carbon credits, so it's a matter of lesser of 2 evils for them.

I see GM talk as the sign of good old conspiracy NOT to get off gasoline. I'm sure they rub shoulders with petroleum interests.

iletric said:
Ca had to twist GM's arm to produce Spark...and the rest of the compliance EVs. It's not purpose built, but hey, it's here and it works. They probably calculated they would lose more money paying for carbon credits, so it's a matter of lesser of 2 evils for them.

I see GM talk as the sign of good old conspiracy NOT to get off gasoline. I'm sure they rub shoulders with petroleum interests.

GM is backing the state of Ohio and their dealers to stop Tesla sales in Ohio.

All class.

The same GM that tried to stop CHAdeMO DC quick chargers.

http://www.chademo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-3-12_IEC_publication.pdf

13/March/2014

CHADEMO OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED AS INTERNATIONAL DC FAST CHARGING STANDARD PUBLISHED BY IEC

In all of the aforementioned technical committees, CHAdeMO is among the 3 different systems that were
approved to be international DC charging standards: CHAdeMO proposed by Japan (System A), GB/T by China
(B), COMBO1 by the US and COMBO2 by Germany (C).

Back