new EVgo pricing announced

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkE

Recently received an email from EVgo with Subject : "Save more with new EVgo plans".

It seems to me that prices have gone UP for the occasional user (but maybe I am mis-remembering). These are prices for SF Bay Area in Calif.

====> EVgo PlusMax
As low as $0.22 per kWh, TOU pricing applies
$0 session fee
$0 reservation
$12.99/month

====> EVgo Plus
As low as $0.25 per kWh, TOU pricing applies
$0 session fee
$0 reservation
$6.99/month

====> EVgo Basic

As low as $0.34 per kWh, TOU pricing applies
$0 session fee
$3 reservation
$0.99/month (equivalent to first session fee)

====> Pay As You Go

Session fees apply
As low as $0.34 per kWh, TOU pricing applies
$0.99 session fee
$3 reservation

You know, at first, I saw 22 cents/kWh and thought, wow, that's about what I pay at home! That's incredible! Then, I said, wait a minute, $12.99 a month? Well, that seriously eats into the savings, but still not TOO bad. Oh wait. What's this "Time of Use" pricing? Oohh, now it's like more than double... unless I go charge after midnight. You know, TOU makes sense at home, but does it really make sense for people to leave their home in the middle of the night to charge their cars? The lower use plans are even worse. 22 cents is just a great big tease. Also kind of vague. When I search for NY, it says TOU pricing applies, but when you click through, it says it only applies in CA. Hmm.

I have to say though, where I am in New York (which is a little cheaper than CA on the EVgo site), the occasional fast charge at a lot of stations is cheaper with NO plan. Why would I bother? I guess it's EVNO for me:) Disclaimer, I almost never charge away from home, so maybe I'm missing something.

Back