Next batch of Sparks?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nikwax said:
<rant>
Am I to believe that in the year 2015 a major manufacturer has so little visibility into their own supply chain that they have absolutely no idea where their inventory is or when it might possibly arrive at its next destination? </rant>

Yes, this is true, actually; I learned quite a lot about this process in late 2013/early 2014. It's only the case with the Spark and Spark EV with GM, as these are the only cars they get in the US from Korea and have a unique delivery process compared to all the other GM vehicles. All of the other vehicles have normal inventory tracking, which gives them pinpoint tracking in the process. In the case of the Spark, they only know approximately when it will be built, then if it is built, if it has left Korea, if it has arrived at the port, and if it as arrived at the dealer.

Bryce

Nope. I noticed that on Friday as well. And I sent a text message to my salesman. I saw my car on the list silver lt2 with fast charge. Appears that they have been logged into the database and have not yet been delivered to dealer.

After they arrive, the cars need to be PDI-ed, etc

Jeff

Well 4 people are going to be happy. Driving down from Olympia, WA on Friday afternoon I saw a truck heading towards Oregon with 4 Spark EV's. Red, White, Blue and that indescribable green. We have had ours since mid April and absolutely love our Spark EV.

Back