Onstar App

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncerna

I recently purchased my Spark. And I've been using the OnStar app on my phone to access some of the features of the car.
Does anyone know if this app will continue to function once my trial version of OnStar expires?
I love being able to unlock the car with my phone, or use the remote start feature to cool the car.

My full featured Onstar service just ended it's free two years.
Now I get the Basic Service which tells me if the car has been unplugged and when it is done charging,,, maybe other services,, I don't remember. It is free for (?) 4 yrs.
That's the important bits.

I asked OnStar repeatedly if they could list out the services provided to GM EV drivers. It's nice to see "Charge Completed by...." and "Precondition" but really, that's all fluff.
Not worth $20 per month.
I can step outside to Precondition with the key fob. :roll:
I bought this car for green reasons. To save on the Green! :mrgreen:

These services are not listed in their "Levels of service". It's like OnStar doesn't know GM sells EV's.

I mainly charge at free ChargePoint L2's and their app shows how long it has been plugged in and how many approx. miles added. That's nice,, and free!

Back