Service vehicle soon light - inverter programming needed

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegasus

Hey everyone.

My 2014 Spark EV lit its "service vehicle soon" light (amber car with an exclamation point on it) two days ago (at just over 42K miles) with no other symptoms and I just got back from the dealer who found that there was a service bulletin for the issue (code P0B0D) which involved reprogramming the firmware in the drive motor power inverter module which apparently updates calibrations. So anyone with 2014s may want to have yours checked and updated as well.

Pegasus said:
Hey everyone.

My 2014 Spark EV lit its "service vehicle soon" light (amber car with an exclamation point on it) two days ago (at just over 42K miles) with no other symptoms and I just got back from the dealer who found that there was a service bulletin for the issue (code P0B0D) which involved reprogramming the firmware in the drive motor power inverter module which apparently updates calibrations. So anyone with 2014s may want to have yours checked and updated as well.

Type SERVICE BULLETIN P0B0D into Google. This will take you to the bulletin dated December 2014. It would be interesting to know how many 2014 and 2015 Spark EVs are affected by this problem. I am going to check with my Chevy dealer and see if I can have my 2014 and 2015 Spark EVs updated. So far, this is not a problem I have seen on either my 2014 or 2015 Spark EV.

Addendum: I visited the Chevy dealer, who has been servicing my 2014 and 2015 Spark EVs, and showed the service advisor the copy of the bulletin I had regarding the P0B0D code. Bottom line, don't take your car to the dealer to get your vehicle's software updated unless you experience the problem mentioned in this posting.

Back