[Sources say] Spark EV Production Ends In August

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrDRMorgan said:
evboy said:
...its a great car isnt it. Im having a blast driving it. i feel like a teenager again.

In my opinion, this is a very fun car to drive. .... The only real concern I have is how fast the Spark EV's battery will degrade. Only time will tell ... I will be trying to determine if driving in L as opposed to D affects the degradation.

Yep fun! Only this car won't get you a ticket for "Exhibition of Speed and Acceleration" like when we were teenagers. :lol: Nobody knows that's what you're doing, unless you get a tire chirp! :eek:

Yep, "Only time will tell" for the dreaded battery degradation. Keep in mind gassers degrade too, no matter how many oil/filter changes you give them.

As for 'D vs L' driving, if the accel and decel rates are similar the battery doesn't know. Max available regen in D before the Friction Brakes start working is the same as L regen.

Say ! I saw it somewhere..... How many of these fun little EV S-Boxes were sold in the USA? How many were sold world wide?

NORTON said:
MrDRMorgan said:
evboy said:
...its a great car isnt it. Im having a blast driving it. i feel like a teenager again.

In my opinion, this is a very fun car to drive. .... The only real concern I have is how fast the Spark EV's battery will degrade. Only time will tell ... I will be trying to determine if driving in L as opposed to D affects the degradation.

Yep fun! Only this car won't get you a ticket for "Exhibition of Speed and Acceleration" like when we were teenagers. :lol: Nobody knows that's what you're doing, unless you get a tire chirp! :eek:

Yep, "Only time will tell" for the dreaded battery degradation. Keep in mind gassers degrade too, no matter how many oil/filter changes you give them.

As for 'D vs L' driving, if the accel and decel rates are similar the battery doesn't know. Max available regen in D before the Friction Brakes start working is the same as L regen.

Say ! I saw it somewhere..... How many of these fun little EV S-Boxes were sold in the USA? How many were sold world wide?
7400 Spark EVs were sold in the USA. I do not know how many were sold in other countries.

GM allows up to 35% battery degradation over 8 years or 100K miles, whichever comes first. That would roughly be 7kWh or about 35 miles of range in mild weather and that would drop my driving range down to 70 miles in mild weather and around 50 miles in the winter. That still would work for me.

Well, I can say that I just got a Lime Green 2016 Spark EV 2LT (with fast charging provision...duh! lol) for $13k.I have a family of 4 (wife and two kids) and right now we intend for the Spark to become our primary in-town vehicle. We also have a minivan - a 2007 Honda Odyssey - which will be our out-of-town trip vehicle (we are in Reno, and have family in Northern and Southern California) and we are hoping (banking) that when we get the Spark paid off there will be an electric or Plug-in Hybrid Minivan/SUV to replace the Odyssey! I would have liked to wait to lease the Bolt....but we're quite happy with our little Spark!

There's already plug-in hybrid minivan that gets 30 miles of electric range. It's called Chrysler Pacifica. But some people are allergic to FCA cars, not sure if you're one of them.

I do have an allergy, actually, to FCA. But I'm thinking of more of a full electric. Though a Plug in-electric hybrid might be my future. I will say thought that my means of payment dictate a used vehicle - which is kind of what I meant.

Back