Spark EV suddenly decreased 40+ miles range while driving

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutyfree

I have my spark EV for 2 years already, and this is the first time I have seen this.

While driving to work as usual this morning for around 10 miles (battery usage 4.5 kwh average), the LCD display indicated there is still around 70 miles range remaining (left side of the Driving Display); and suddenly the range drops to 25 miles and indicated my batter usage has also dropped to 2.2 kwh from 4.5 kwh in seconds.

I pressed the LEAF button and the battery has been depleted 40% for only 12 miles driving distance. The range indicator on the left of the LCD display showing FULL GREEN BAR all the way up (which means the max range) and stays all the way up all the time (abnormal).

Has anyone experienced this before? and what will be the possible cause for this? I have my car plug in now and hopefully I will be able to drive the car back home tonight and take to dealer for testing.

Thank you

dutyfree said:
I have my spark EV for 2 years already, and this is the first time I have seen this.

While driving to work as usual this morning for around 10 miles (battery usage 4.5 kwh average), the LCD display indicated there is still around 70 miles range remaining (left side of the Driving Display); and suddenly the range drops to 25 miles and indicated my batter usage has also dropped to 2.2 kwh from 4.5 kwh in seconds.

I pressed the LEAF button and the battery has been depleted 40% for only 12 miles driving distance. The range indicator on the left of the LCD display showing FULL GREEN BAR all the way up (which means the max range) and stays all the way up all the time (abnormal).

Has anyone experienced this before? and what will be the possible cause for this? I have my car plug in now and hopefully I will be able to drive the car back home tonight and take to dealer for testing.

Thank you

http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3766&hilit=sudden

Back