Sparki Jr meets the big dogs

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveC5088

Making a quick trip to the local hardware store...

I had to stop and talk to the owner of these. Sparki Jr says, "I want to be like them when I grow up!"

IMG_0044e-L.jpg

Small world, I've encountered this fellow at least 4 times in the past year. He bought the white one for his wife.

I think the silver one has them, too. The owner was saying they keep the 12volt system charged and when it is hot, can be used to cool the car's interior. Here in the Central Valley, it gets really hot in summer, and he was saying how it uses the solar to keep the interior cool. That's definitely a nice feature, but of course those cars cost 2 to 3x the Spark EV cost.

Until yesterday, I thought the Fisker was a pure EV. But I learned it has a V6 gasoline engine that runs a big generator when the battery runs out. The Volt has the gas engine, too, and it actually connects to the wheels when it is running and the car is cruising on the highway.

SteveC5088 said:
I think the silver one has them, too. The owner was saying they keep the 12volt system charged and when it is hot, can be used to cool the car's interior. Here in the Central Valley, it gets really hot in summer, and he was saying how it uses the solar to keep the interior cool. That's definitely a nice feature, but of course those cars cost 2 to 3x the Spark EV cost.

Until yesterday, I thought the Fisker was a pure EV. But I learned it has a V6 gasoline engine that runs a big generator when the battery runs out. The Volt has the gas engine, too, and it actually connects to the wheels when it is running and the car is cruising on the highway.

The bolded comment is an interesting one...it may indicate a reason for my sudden loss in range during that hot day incident I had a few days ago. My 12V battery may have farted and screwed with the electronics.

Fisker is an amazing car. Two of them spotted together in the wild! Blown away.

I like the Spark, but its the Fisker that will be displayed in a museum.

Back