Spotted: Spark EV in Hunt Valley, MD

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carney

I'm not an owner; hope I can post in this thread.

Anyway over the Memorial Day weekend I was attending Balticon, the Baltimore Science Fiction Convention, in Hunt Valley MD (a bit north of the City of Baltimore), and saw a notice for a Tesla test drive event being held across the street at the Hunt Valley Town Center (oops, "Towne Centre"). Too late to do a test drive myself but sat in a Model S, chatted up the reps, etc. Lo and behold, parked immediately next to the drive event, as if photobombing or party crashing, was a Chevy Spark EV parked among the nearest cars. 1LT, electric blue (not sure if it had fast charging because I didn't presume to try to open up the charge port door). It had what looked like a 30 day or temporary tag on the back, and the front was basically an advertising tag for the dealer (Ourisman Chevrolet). Must have been one of the very first Spark EVs sold in Maryland, if indeed it has been sold yet rather than still being owned by the dealer.

I was excited because as an EV nerd / fanboy this was the first Spark EV I've ever seen in person. Wondering if it belongs to any member of this forum. Or was it the dealer, coming to crash the party and offer test drives to those attracted to the Tesla event? Or maybe a Tesla employee, driving an EV he can afford, unlike those of his employer? Noticed a similarly light blue Leaf in the next parking row as well.

Even with some of the problems I've been having, I'm still going to attempt to drive up to our event in Mt. Airy, MD this weekend.

http://www.meetup.com/MDVolt/events/220505673/

Back