Video of my 2014 Spark EV catastrophic failure

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pv4evs

http://vimeo.com/109513322 After leaving me stranded and unable to charge at a local level II charging station even though the display showed that I had 7 miles of range left, I had to be towed home. At home my Spark still would not accept a level II or a level I charge and wouldn't even allow me to turn it off. It just kept rebooting itself and turning itself back on.

After sitting for a few hours it finally took a level I charge and I was able to drive it to the local Chevy dealer the following week. The dealer is now telling me that they can't find anything wrong with my 2014 EV Spark other than it might have been caused by the fact that my range reached only 7 miles remaining and that this might have scrambled the computer??? I don't think so.

If this ever happens again I suggest you disconnect the Negative terminal from the 12V battery and leave it disconnected for a minute or two. This will power reset all of the onboard computers, it's the ultimate CTRL-ALT-DEL for an EV.

Yes, please do that.
If you can Video tape it that would be great so we can see what the dash does at the disconnect and reconnect .

pv4evs said:
http://vimeo.com/109513322 After leaving me stranded and unable to charge at a local level II charging station even though the display showed that I had 7 miles of range left, I had to be towed home. At home my Spark still would not accept a level II or a level I charge and wouldn't even allow me to turn it off. It just kept rebooting itself and turning itself back on.

After sitting for a few hours it finally took a level I charge and I was able to drive it to the local Chevy dealer the following week. The dealer is now telling me that they can't find anything wrong with my 2014 EV Spark other than it might have been caused by the fact that my range reached only 7 miles remaining and that this might have scrambled the computer??? I don't think so.

Good stuff...thank goodness you documented it so the idiots at the dealerships can't say "We can't replicate it."

Send it t Chevy ASAP...hopefully they will get a special team to work on it.

Back