Does the EPA range take into consideration..

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lude219 said:
Zoomit said:
You need to be on this page, to see the data in blue circle on the right:
chevrolet-spark-ev-display.jpg

Not this page:
2014-chevrolet-spark-ev-dash.jpg
Good point, zoomit.

Now the only question is...what's the net energy consumption with fan-only setting vs. rolling down the window at x-inch of height over say a distance of 5mi? lol

On one end, you eliminate drag by using the fan to push air through, conversely, you can roll down the windows (and create some drag) and not use any energy. We need an energy/battery engineer and an aerodynamics engineer to sort this stuff out. There's just so many variables out there to take into consideration (fan speed, windows height, amount of windows to be rolled down, what's the ideal speed where these two factors reach their level of energy equilibrium?, etc) :lol:

lude219 - If you can only tell me how to reset Trip Meter. I though it do get auto reset upon full charge but it doesn't. LOL this info is enough got me ;)

^^^ scroll to the trip menu screen and hold down on the select button until the trip resets :cool:

Zoomit said:
The test that I want to do is put the car in the shade, set the temp to the outdoor temperature and see how much energy it uses just sitting there over 30 or 60 minutes. It may not register any Kw used in the blue circle on the instrument cluster, but if it's using energy it'll eventually be indicated in the Leaf page as a percentage of the battery.

The car may automatically turn off, IIRC, which would complicate the test. It may be necessary to fiddle with a setting every 10 minutes to reset a timer.
What I have found works best for me - either A/C or heater - is to set the cabin temperature to a comfortable number - I use 75 deg. F - and use the automatic button to let the car control the temperature. There is the initial range impact when the heater or A/C first starts but it gradually tapers off as the cabin approaches the set temperature. I find the A/C and heater both do a very nice job of keeping the cabin comfortable and I use them when I need to be more comfortable. I haven't a single gripe with either my 2014 or 2015 Spark EV. This is one great car.

abhisharma said:
lude219 said:
Zoomit said:
You need to be on this page, to see the data in blue circle on the right:
chevrolet-spark-ev-display.jpg

Not this page:
2014-chevrolet-spark-ev-dash.jpg
Good point, zoomit.

Now the only question is...what's the net energy consumption with fan-only setting vs. rolling down the window at x-inch of height over say a distance of 5mi? lol

On one end, you eliminate drag by using the fan to push air through, conversely, you can roll down the windows (and create some drag) and not use any energy. We need an energy/battery engineer and an aerodynamics engineer to sort this stuff out. There's just so many variables out there to take into consideration (fan speed, windows height, amount of windows to be rolled down, what's the ideal speed where these two factors reach their level of energy equilibrium?, etc) :lol:

lude219 - If you can only tell me how to reset Trip Meter. I though it do get auto reset upon full charge but it doesn't. LOL this info is enough got me ;)
Power on the car and rotate the SELECT knob, located to the left of the steering wheel, until you see the trip meter displayed on the driver's display. Put you finger on the word SELECT, press down and hold until the trip meter resets. Then release your finger.

Back