For those that want a Spark EV and live outside CA/OR

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickl630

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?id=11027817&AVi=0&No=0&Rp=R&D=90&zip=91730&N=4294963103+4294961584+4294960906&Q=2c0dcb29-0585-40ba-936c-8bea67887e1a&Ep=search:results:results%20page

Hopefully that works, if not just type in the stock number: 11027817

buickanddeere said:
I would assume the fleet division on GM will sell a spark EV in any US state?

No, they won't, because the SINGULAR reason this car exists is to satisfy CARB-ZEV mandates.

GM has already had to buy credits from Toyota and others becasue this car did not arrive in 2012 as required. While GM isn't the model of business savy, I doubt they are going to throw away money on "an EV".

Starting in 2012, the six "Large Vehicle Manufacturers" were required to sell a minimum number of California Air Resources Board - Zero Emission Vehicle (CARB-ZEV) qualifying vehicles for compliance in California, New York, Massachusetts, Oregon, Vermont, Maryland, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Using the "traveling provision", those sales may be sold in California only, or optionally in the other CARB-ZEV states. The traveling provision expires for model year 2018, EXCEPT FOR HYDROGEN CARS. (Expect a whole bunch of manufactures jumping on the hydrogen bandwagon).

• Manufacturer - ZEV used for compliance:

Ford - Focus EV
    Honda - Fit EV
    Chrysler/Fiat - 500e
    Toyota - Rav4 EV, iQ EV
    GM Chevrolet - Spark EV
    Nissan - LEAF

Seems odd that Canada fleet can obtain a Spark EV ? Usually Canada is on the hind teat and can't get the good stuff like the RWD Grand Prix, the Chev SS RWD and the upcoming 2015 or 2016 twin turbo AWD Buick Regal Grand National.
Dealer is super keen on and absolutely pushing the Volt.
I'll wait on one of those Volts until the new three cylinder version appears. Then again I want a simple BEV scooter. Not a VOLT which maybe a maintenance horror story after warranty expires. The Spark EV is rather simple and low cost by comparison. It can either be serviced at home or written off if there is major failure after warranty.
It maybe cheaper at the end of 10 years to go with a Spark EV and a Buick Encore AWD instead of one Volt. It's the only way to get another black turbo Buick. Plus AWD for those 3 months of closed roads.

Back