light icons?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

This is pretty small thing but I am curious. For the first couple months I had my Spark, whenever I saw on my dashboard the icon for the daytime running lights I would assume my headlights were on, and vice-versa. I guess to me, the icon with the longer rays coming from a bulb seems naturally to be headlights, not DRL.

Anyway, I ended up just having to leave my lights on automatic so I didn't drive around at night without headlights, but I wondered if I was the only one who thought that way (or if Chevy were the only ones who thought of it the other way).

The phrase "Automatic" headlights here isn't really what people expect. I expect automatic headlights to mean they turn on automatically at night, and turn off in daylight. In this car it only seems to mean that when I turn the car on, the headlights turn on, and when I turn it off the headlights turn off. I don't believe there is a dimmed "daytime running" behavior. Assuming I'm not misunderstanding, this is a complete waste on an electric vehicle. Poor choice by GM, but given all of the vehicles they have running around with daytime running lights it's not so unexpected.

Back