Pricing

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

west

With a price tag of under $25,000, with tax incentives, the Chevrolet Spark EV isn’t a car that is made just to impress President Obama, unlike Teslas and the Fiat 500e. It is for people who not only want to save the world from global warming but also want to save their wallet from fund draining like those in Spark EV forum!

I agree with you. This price of Chevy Spark EV is targeted to impress the commoners instead of multimillionaires.

The price point of the Chevy Spark EV is definitely one of the biggest selling factors. As long as the range is decent, I'm positive it will have a lot of sales.

I'm really impressed with the price tag, and becuse it is a EV you will also probably save the money that you payed for the car on gasoline alone not to mention the maintenance of the car(way cheaper and rarer in EVs)

And one thing I was mulling over recently is that Chevy Spark really has a big market in people who are more of low-medium income because most of the environmentalists come from that background and I'm sure they will jump at the opportunity of buying a car like Chevy Spark

Jimmy said:
I'm really impressed with the price tag, and becuse it is a EV you will also probably save the money that you payed for the car on gasoline alone not to mention the maintenance of the car(way cheaper and rarer in EVs)

And one thing I was mulling over recently is that Chevy Spark really has a big market in people who are more of low-medium income because most of the environmentalists come from that background and I'm sure they will jump at the opportunity of buying a car like Chevy Spark
You are so right. Everyone can afford a Chevy Spark EV, it's that cheap yet it is very efficient.

Jimmy said:

Chevy Spark is definitely the car that will bring EVs to the masses, Elon Musk is doing a great job with Tesla on really pushing the technology of EVs forward but he still doesn't have the price part down, which could change with the next model S(he said that the price could be halved by then)

McHale said:
Jimmy said:

Chevy Spark is definitely the car that will bring EVs to the masses, Elon Musk is doing a great job with Tesla on really pushing the technology of EVs forward but he still doesn't have the price part down, which could change with the next model S(he said that the price could be halved by then)

I still don't know if that is true( next Tesla's price in half) but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the progress of the company and wouldn't be surprised if my next car will be a Tesla.

zackreynolds said:
The price point of the Chevy Spark EV is definitely one of the biggest selling factors. As long as the range is decent, I'm positive it will have a lot of sales.
Chevy Spark EV priced at $27,495; will lease for $199/month

Chevrolet announced today a low mileage lease on the new 2014 Spark EV 1LT for as low as $199 per month* for 36 months, with $999 due at lease signing including security deposit (tax, title, license dealer fees extra), making the vehicle one of the most affordable EVs on the market.

Spark EV's Manufactures' Suggested Retail Price starts at $27,495 – as low as $19,995 net of the full federal tax credit which ranges from $0 to $7,500 – and includes $810 destination freight charge.

$199 month is a great price for Chevy Spark not to mention all the money you'll save when you run on electricity instead of fueling up at the gas stations.

Be aware that your lease parameters will depend on the model (1LT vs 2LT) that you lease and will probably be more than the $999 drive-off to preserve a $199/mo lease payment.

There are very few basic 1LT models that are being delivered to dealers and this is what the $999 drive-off is being based on. The 2LT price will add about $1000 to the drive off which personally sounds a bit much for a little bit of pleather in the trim. I'm not sure if the price differential also accounts for the L3 charge capability as it's not clear to me if both models have this as standard. I think heated front seats may also be in the 2LT and not in the 1LT model.

Anyway, just be prepared. My drive-off including the first month's lease payment of $218.99 was a total of 2171. I could have kept the $999 drive-off but the monthly would have gone up around $35/mo. It was cheaper over the course of the lease to pay the extra instead of financing it and paying sales tax on top of that.

rickp said:
I think heated front seats may also be in the 2LT and not in the 1LT model.

Actually the only difference between the 1LT and the 2LT trim levels is the 2LT comes with leatherette seats and a leather wrapped steering wheel. My 1LT has heated seats as well. From what I can gather, the Fast Charging option will be available later this summer (according to one dealer).

And yet if you want a Spark today, you pretty much have no choice but to lease the 2LT at the higher price. The 1LTs are very hard to find. My local Chevy dealer as a 2LT sitting in the lot, I told them if they could find a 1LT to trade it for I would take it. They've been trying for two days so far, no luck yet.

^ objetdart, where do you live? i found that most delers in in LA area, the ones that did ordered spark ev's, actually do have at least 1LT in stock. the price difference is not significant, somewhere close to $300, and the differences are the seats - in 2LT they look like leather, in 1LT they dont look like leather.

I am in Eugene, OR. At this point I'm not sure anymore whether my local dealer is being straight with me about the 1LT's availability. I can tell they really, really want me to take the 2LT they have on the lot, so they are dragging their feet when I ask about the 1LT instead. I really wanted that $199/month lease that Chevy was advertising for the 1LT. It's getting a little frustrating.

So I went and test drove a Leaf today. I can lease a Leaf SV (which includes the 6.6kw fast charger) for $3000 down and $129/month for 24 months. They have at least 40 Leafs in the lot to choose from. At this point I think I'm probably going to go with a Leaf instead of the Spark. The Spark is definitely sportier but the Leaf is roomier and the missus liked it more than the Spark.

I got a 2LT yesterday for $1200 at signing and $199/mo lease at 36 months. Not sure how that compares to other peoples rates, but wanted to share the data point.

blownb310 said:
Sounds like a good deal to me fengshui. Thanks for the input. Did the $1200 include your 1st month's lease payment?

Late response, but I just noticed this. Yes, the $1200 included the first lease payment. I think the dealer wanted to get it off the lot to go after a volume promotion.

I was offered similar pricing, though a $2500 State of CA rebate also comes into play, making the car almost free for the first year. Wondering how long the $199/month promotion will hang around, as I see it's been extended a few times already.

rickp
Your scenario represents most of the dealers in auto dealerships. I am frustrated that almost all try to pad their pockets and take advantage of a very slight difference in accessory prices. There is only about $300 difference in the price of 1LT and a 2LT. How can that add $1000 to the drive off? The L3 can be order now and I've heard that it is $750 extra which seems a little high for about twenty feet of ~#2 copper wire and a connector. The only way to deal with most of the shady dealers is to know more than they do and carry a calculator with you. A GOLDEN RULE that applies is that he who has the gold rules! With the internet, so many of the sales people untruths can be exposed. Sorry that I have such a negative feeling. Ask for forgiveness of those few ethical sales people.

"rickp
Be aware that your lease parameters will depend on the model (1LT vs 2LT) that you lease and will probably be more than the $999 drive-off to preserve a $199/mo lease payment.

There are very few basic 1LT models that are being delivered to dealers and this is what the $999 drive-off is being based on. The 2LT price will add about $1000 to the drive off which personally sounds a bit much for a little bit of pleather in the trim. I'm not sure if the price differential also accounts for the L3 charge capability as it's not clear to me if both models have this as standard. I think heated front seats may also be in the 2LT and not in the 1LT model.

Anyway, just be prepared. My drive-off including the first month's lease payment of $218.99 was a total of 2171. I could have kept the $999 drive-off but the monthly would have gone up around $35/mo. It was cheaper over the course of the lease to pay the extra instead of financing it and paying sales tax on top of that."

Back