Sounds during remote start

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernSpark

Usually, during a remote start (especially when it is cold, like this morning - -9C), you hear two main sounds (or at least, that is what I have observed). One is the sound of the fans running in the cabin, and the second is (what I would assume to be) the coolant pump, which you hear on and off. I noticed this morning that that second sound was noticeably absent (I was in the area/listening for probably around 5 minutes). I don't know what the climate settings were set to in the car (I'd have to ask my wife - it's her DD), but should it matter that much, given how cold it was? I did take it for a car wash early the previous day when it was much milder, and then immediately parked it - hopefully nothing froze up! :?

This time of year you have to remember to leave the climate control the way you want it the next morning, including seat heat.

On my Volt I'd get the phone app msg, "Setting your climate controls to a comfortable....", or some such msg....

The Spark is not that advanced. It only remotely powers up the way it was left.

Back