Good lease from Martin Chevrolet

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have a Clipper Creek LCS-25, so I'm thinking I'll just get the cheapest unit ($515 after taxes and shipping) and just hawk it on Ebay afterwards.

Don't you need two EVSE, one for Volt and one for SparkEV? Note that cheapest Bosche (almost free one) has 12 ft cord, and it may not be long enough. I think rep mentioned they have longer cable version, but I didn't pay attention since I just wanted lowest cost option.

I was able to replicate the exact deal from @soalpha at Fremont Chevy as well: 1LT with DCFC, 12Kmiles, $127/month incl tax. I think I got tricked by paying the 1st month there, so the drive off was $127. In fact the 1st month payment should already be included in the incentives. Other than that they were pretty nice, so I'm ok. The guy I talked to was Carlos Prado.

I didn't even check for 2LT as I assumed they only have 1LT (based on soalpha). However, I couldn't find any difference from 1LT and 2LT other than the leatherette seat and steering wheel. Do I miss anything? Is there parking sensors and/or backup camera? I usually don't use the backup camera but the parking sensors are pretty useful to me so I miss that feature.

PS: They let you start the vehicle without bringing out the key, but then to open the door you need to press the key. Pretty stupid :). There come my 1st complaint.

flyinbrick said:
OK, so I just signed a lease with Fremont Chevy. I ended up with 2LT+DCFC, 12k mi/yr, 250 drive-off, 138/mo incl tax, 395 disposition at end of lease. I think I got a good deal (?) but maybe not a great one. The people at the dealership were all pretty nice though and I don't have any complaints.

Their first offer was 405 drive-off, 160/mo incl tax. I wanted them to match the equivalent of salpha's deal of 0 drive-off and 127/mo incl tax for 1LT. The 2LT is 390 more MSRP, 36 mo residual is 39%, so by my math, the payment increase for 2LT should be (390 * .39)/35 = ~$4.34. Let's call it $5. So the equivalent deal should be 0 drive-off, 132/mo incl tax. Well me being the impatient, can't-stand-dealerships, hate-haggling me, ended up with what I got. Their "final" offer was $414 drive-off, 138/mo incl tax. As I got up to leave, they cut the drive-off down to 250 and I caved. I still think I could have gotten 0 down, but hey. The salesman i dealt with was Ramon.

Good luck everyone and post your deals! Thanks to everyone for your help!
Once you get one, call Bosch for $500 rebate on home charger
link: http://www.pluginnow.com/discount
(Note: The website says 2015 Spark EV, but I called and confirmed the deal is still good so I assume for 2016 models also)

SparkevBlogspot said:
Don't you need two EVSE, one for Volt and one for SparkEV? Note that cheapest Bosche (almost free one) has 12 ft cord, and it may not be long enough. I think rep mentioned they have longer cable version, but I didn't pay attention since I just wanted lowest cost option.

Can we installed 2 240V chargers at home? Right now I'm using one from the dryer outlet for my 500e. Was thinking just using 110V for the Spark but now I see the incentive for the Bosche, I get tempted!

You can install as many EVSE as you want as long as your home wiring support it. You should consult an electrician. In theory, many (most?) homes have 200A service, so the max number of 16A EVSE using 20A breaker would be 10. But in practice, it would be far less.

Back