Quick way to check battery when buying used Spark?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORTON said:
Someday I should learn how to make pretty graphs!
Use Octave. It makes pretty pictures, and it's open source.

To plot 1 2 3 4 on x axis and 5 6 7 11 on y axis, this is the command you use in Octave.

plot([1 2 3 4], [5 6 7 11])

You can also get fancy with all sorts of coloring or 3D surface plots and what not.

SparkevBlogspot said:
.... Tesla's 2C peak and SparkEVs 2.3C (2014) / 2.6C (2015+) average to 80%. Cooling might be part of the reason....

It looks like Tesla actually down rates the rate of fast charging to ~1C if you use a very high rate (120KW) fast charger too often to preserve the battery packs life.
https://chargedevs.com/features/the-technical-reasons-tesla-would-limit-supercharging-speed-and-other-practical-charging-considerations/
My 2015 spark (acquired as a new super-leftover car at the very end of 2016) has only 6-7 Kmile on it and has only ever seen level 2 charging so far. I have only seen a very small increase(?) in capacity with the warmer spring/summer weather, if it continues (as I expect) to only see this level of charging it'll be interesting to see how the battery fairs with time.

PhilPen said:
SparkevBlogspot said:
.... Tesla's 2C peak and SparkEVs 2.3C (2014) / 2.6C (2015+) average to 80%. Cooling might be part of the reason....

It looks like Tesla actually down rates the rate of fast charging to ~1C if you use a very high rate (120KW) fast charger too often to preserve the battery packs life.
https://chargedevs.com/features/the-technical-reasons-tesla-would-limit-supercharging-speed-and-other-practical-charging-considerations/
My 2015 spark (acquired as a new super-leftover car at the very end of 2016) has only 6-7 Kmile on it and has only ever seen level 2 charging so far. I have only seen a very small increase(?) in capacity with the warmer spring/summer weather, if it continues (as I expect) to only see this level of charging it'll be interesting to see how the battery fairs with time.

I'm surprised you haven't seen an increase in both mi/kwh and overall range on the GOM from winter to summer. In winter I was seeing GOM ranges of 75-85 Miles. Now in summer I see 90-100 miles. We live 20 miles apart and both have 2015s with similar mileage.

CCIE said:
PhilPen said:
SparkevBlogspot said:

I'm surprised you haven't seen an increase in both mi/kwh and overall range on the GOM from winter to summer. In winter I was seeing GOM ranges of 75-85 Miles. Now in summer I see 90-100 miles. We live 20 miles apart and both have 2015s with similar mileage.

I have seen a big increase in range (my highest reading on the GOM late this spring has been 98 miles whilst in mid-winter 60s were the norm) this increase is mainly due to an increase in mi/kwh, however the number of kwh stored in the battery has only gone up slightly with temperature and this increase may not be statistically significant (I 've not done too many capacity calculation).

Great deals are out there, but some local Bolts are getting $4500 dealer discount on top of the $7500 tax credit, + WA tax exemption, the lowest trim Bolt is $26245. And who knows how much lower you can bargain.
Double the price of the 2015+ Spark and get 3X the battery size, one extra passenger and 2.5X the range … hmm, decision decision decision.

Back